Friday, May 21, 2010

What I've Been Doing Lately



A few of you (those who actually keep up with this blog) may have been wondering what I've been up to. If you know anything about North Greenville's schedule, you know that classes finished up a few weeks ago (Whew!) and that I've not been in the classroom until this Monday when summer school started.

Well, while it's true that technically I've been out of the classroom, I can't say that I've been free from working on my classes.

You see, I have the privelege (I say that seriously and not facitiously) of creating one of the first online classes for the English Department, and let me just insert here that it is quite a task!

I've been immersed in the world of BlackBoard, creating notes, PowerPoints, discussion boards, assignments, uploading tests, you get the picture.

Well, it's finally all (well, almost all) there and the class has begun. Now I'm fielding emails and questions about how the thing is supposed to work. It's a learning curve, but we're going to make it.

I've got one traditional class this summer session too, but that's pretty easy, something I do all the time anyway.

After last semester, this is a breeze!

So, you may not see me for a while. If you get concerned about me, come look for me in the world of online classes.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i will miss you in blogger land! I to am trying to figure out the online summer class drama!