Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What You'll Find on my Nook

Here's the list of what I've been reading the past few months and what I hope to be reading in the very near future. (Things which don't include student writing or anything truly literary.)

This series by Joel Rosenberg:

Absolutely fantastic and thought-provoking. I burned out on the Left Behind series when it was the hottest thing several years ago, but I found that I couldn't put these books down. Well, that's not completely true. When I got to the last one - Dead Heat - I had to stop reading for a while because it was just a little too real. I highly recommend these.

When I Lay My Isaac Down by Carol Kent

I picked this up because it was mentioned by our interim pastor at church. It is insightful and moving. It helps me think about how to handle life in general.

Okay, technically this isn't on my Nook, but it's what I'm listening to:

How I've missed Phil Wickham all these years is beyond me. I actually downloaded his song You are Beautiful when I meant to download Cannons and when I realized the mistake, I had to go back and get the whole album. That's totally logical, right?

Here's what I have on my Nook and hope to read soon:

I need the crash course on parenting, I think. Since God is so gracious to me, I think that I should extend that grace to my kids.

I'm also torn between


and



What do you think?

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

I have read the Birth Order Book and it was so interesting and insightful for me. It's still information I apply on a regular basis. I just mentioned at the library today how T is a typical first born because he said he was 'shocked to find out that some people don't follow the rules and rewind their videos' and the librarian laughed. It helped me understand the kids and some of their idiosyncrasies, but especially helped me understand Drew. After all, he's a first born/only child and I am the baby and the only girl. Yeah, we're different. So the other books may be great too, but that one is a must read for me!