Friday, March 18, 2011

Ctrl + Alt + Del


If weeks like this one had a reset button, I would have pushed it way before now.

Here's a rundown of the week that the Loopers have had since my last update.

*My dad had a massive heart attack on Friday morning. He was driving to a cabinet job when he had his heart attack, passed out and totaled his van. God certainly knows what He's doing because had my dad been in his shop working, he could have fallen on a piece of equipment or lay in the floor for who-knows-how-long before someone found him. The way it happened, a lady called 911 immediately and he got attention. St. Francis is a fantastic hospital. Unfortunately they couldn't get in touch with my mom so they called me - talk about scary! - and as God would have it, Jason was off because it was my spring break and we rushed to Greenville, kids in tow, and talked to the doctor who said Daddy was lucky to be alive. He stayed in CCU overnight and then went to a regular room until Monday morning. He goes back April 18 for bypass surgery because he has some major issues going on in his heart. I'm so very thankful for a God whose thoughts are higher than mine and whose ways are better than mine.

*I went back to school on Monday to collect two sets of papers - not a big deal but one more thing to be done.

*Abby started running a very, very high fever on Wednesday afternoon (104.8) and we took her to the doctor only to be told she has the flu. We immediately sent her to quarantine and Jake to my sister-in-law's. I've been out of school and just now washed my hair for the first time since Tuesday. Jason and I are both on Tamiflu, Jake's coming home tonight, and Abby seems on the mend.

And although it's not my issue, Heidi's dissertation was due on Tuesday, which was immensely stressful for her, but she got it done, so way to go, baby sister!

The picture above is Abby this morning when she was feeling okay.

This picture is Abby about 30 minutes later after a few minutes of sitting still and some Disney Pocahontas. Okay, I know it's not exactly true to history, but a flu-ridden baby gets to watch what she wants.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh Alicia, I'm so very sorry for the scare with your dad and Abby. Know you and your dad will be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you had such a hard week! I hope next week is better for you!