Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh man! I'm sure most of you probably think that I fell off the face of the planet somewhere, but the truth is that this holiday season has taken me completely off guard. You may remember a few months ago when I posted about wishing my house looked fantastic; well, apparently I've been bitten by some kind of poisonous bug because I've been running around like a mad woman trying to put the house in order -- not that you can tell that I've really done much of anything, but I have tried.

The thing is, there are so many things happening all at once.

Several months ago my dad announced to me and Jason that Jason had to find a new job. The money was there until the end of the year, but after that, who knew. You see, the "economic slowdown" (a phrase I hate because it understates the seriousness of the problems we are facing) has taken a huge toll on Daddy's business. They haven't had a good, solid job for several months.

We've learned a lot the past few months about Jehovah Jireh (God provides) because He has provided so miraculously for our family. Jason now has a job at Wachovia. He'll start in January as a roving teller, but thanks be to God, the pay is more than we thought it would be (not great but livable) and it is a job that allows for growth and progress.

I'm now out for Christmas break, and I'm so thankful to have this time with Abby. She growing and changing more than I have space to write. I'll post pictures as soon as I have a moment.

I'm reading Twilight and am on Breaking Dawn. Anyone out there have any comments?

Well, it seems that this post has turned more into a Christmas letter, so I'll wrap it up (no pun intended). Seriously, I'll go now before anymore damage is done.

Oh, oh, oh, let me take a moment to congratulate my beautiful friend, Meredith! She's having a baby, and I am so excited for her that I don't even have words. You're in my prayers, friend!

Okay, I'm off to do something productive...really I am...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you for reading "twilight"! What have you thought so far?

Meredith said...

Oh thank you ~ more than you know, I thank you!!!