Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter!


Easter was extremely fun this year. Before now, Abby hasn't really gotten the concept of (or cared for that matter about) hunting eggs. So this year when she really engaged with the activity, we were in for a treat.

You may remember I told you that she WAS NOT wearing the dress we got her for Easter, so Jason and I started playing mind games with her several weeks ago to get her excited about her new dress. We told her how pretty she would look and that her friend Katie ALWAYS wears pretty dresses and that she would get to show Katie her pretty dress on Sunday.

All went well unti bathtime Sunday morning. I probably should have given her a bath Saturday night, but as you can see from my other posts, we were a little distracted Saturday. When she had to endure the trauma of a bath, she changed her tune from excited about the dress back to "I NOT WEAR THAT!"

Being the good mom that I am, I of course threatened saying, "Either you wear the dress or you go to church in your diaper." Some of you out there may think that this is silly - wouldn't all children prefer to run around in their diapers. Well, most children probably would, but not my daughter. She's modest with a capital M, and we're so very proud of her for that. Let's just hope it lasts to her teenage years, but I digress.

I knew that she would rather wear the dress than go in only her diaper, and I was right. She wore the dress, and then we couldn't get it off her. We put her in shorts and a t-shirt to take a nap in because it's been 500 degrees here in SC the past few days, but when she got up she insisted we put the dress back on to go to dinner at Aunt Debbie's.

I guess you could call that a success.

Jake just enjoyed the day sleeping and eating as usual. But let me just say, he was awfully cute while he did it.

0 comments: