Friday, January 28, 2011

It's time for a savings post


Okay, I haven't put one of these up for a while, so I thought you might like to see my haul today. I hit 3 grocery stores (which I normally don't do, but we needed milk, and when I can get Pet milk for $2.98 a gallon, I'l go wherever I need to).

Included in all of this are two large packs of chicken breasts, a Boston Butt, asparagus, lots of oatmeal and cocoa (for chocolate oatmeal cookies), cheese, frozen pizza, 3 gallons of milk and a half gallon of chocolate milk along with several other items.

I would call this a success in shopping. I have to admit, Publix is my very favorite place to shop, but today I had a wonderful little girl in Bilo who made that experience delightful.

Here are the totals:

Ingles - spent $6.95, saved $11.97 and got $5 in Catalinas
Bilo - spent $27.08, saved $17.09 and got $2 in Catalinas
Publix - spent $47.07, saved $60.41

That breaks down to a savings of 52%. Now, some of you may say, "Come on, Alicia, you brag that you can save 60% when you shop," and normally that's true but when we became a 3 gallon a week family, I'm happy to save half. All in all, I'm thrilled that I can buy the things my family needs without breaking the bank. Ultimately, that's my goal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love shopping and saving money! I am trying to use southern savers and many coupons. I want to get grocery shopping mastered before Jake and I get married so I can also save us money when I go shopping!

Alicia Looper said...

Lauren, if you're really interested, email me or come by my office, and I'd love to show you some of the tricks that I use when shopping. It truly is a wonderful way to save your family money and still provide everything they need, and since you're getting married soon, what a wonderful way to start your marriage.