Friday, June 6, 2008

OLD pictures

Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you least expect it, you run across pictures or notes or memorabilia from your past, and it makes you pause for just a moment and reflect? I had one of those moments tonight. Jason brought some boxes from his mom's house to ours for me to go through to find some things to put in a yard sale next weekend. I found some things alright. I found photos and letters and other wonderful memories stuffed in the bottom of an Ingles milk box. I thought I would share a few with you so that you can have a smile and walk a bit down memory lane with me.


This is me and my friend Amy Duncan. She is now Amy Duncan Fuller. We were in kindergarten when this was taken. I remember vividly how we were doing a program about the alphabet, and because mine and Amy's initials were the same, she got to be Miss A (Achoo) because she was a beautiful, cherubic little girl, and I got to be Mr. (changed for me to Ms.) D (Donuts) because I was thin and had short brown hair. Amy and I often kidded about this years later. It's amazing what God does because when Abby was in the NICU, one of her nurses was the beautiful, cherubic Amy Duncan Fuller. It brings me tears even now to think about how God surrounds and cares for his children.


This is a picture of me playing at my Nannie's house when I was in elementary school. I know it is her house because of the couch. I'll never forget the smell of that couch.


This is my family one Easter when we went to Memphis to visit friends. It's so funny how long my mom's hair is and how dark my dad's hair is. We went to Graceland on that visit and my mom got her favorite cup. She still uses it to this day. You can't even tell anymore that the cup says Elvis on it. Mama insists that she uses it because it has a handle and she likes the way it feels in her hand. I'm sure it is because it has a logo of the king on it!!!


Here's the last one. This picture was taken when I went with a group to Charleston for a math meet in the 8th grade. I know, I know, I'm a nerd. I was a nerd then and I'm still a nerd now, but I have to say that they would let ANYONE on the math team. I know this is true because I STINK at math. I can't even put kids in groups. That's how bad I am. Who knows, but I got a trip to Charleston.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, how I love those days of going through boxes. My eyes runneth over on those days!
Cute pics. Enjoy!