Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A recommendation

Can I just say that I love my dear friend Meredith. I haven't seen her in several years, but I feel like she is still sitting beside me in Composition Theory. This morning I have a few minutes before I have to head to Greenville for my newly found summer job, and I glanced at her blog.

I ask that you stop by there and read what she is learning. Beautiful stuff! It was like a little devotional on my computer screen.

In the kitchen this morning I was wondering if I had to describe my life in one word what would it be? I picked the word ironic because that is truly what it has been. Maybe I'll post another day about how ironic my life has turned out to be, but after reading Meredith's blog, it has been put into perspective again because all the things I view as irony, God views as specially planned and perfect. So many times in my life, I worry and stress over things that he already has worked out. I'm learning to just stand and stand.

I think about Ephesians where Paul explains putting on the whole armor of God, and he says, "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." Ephesians 6:13 I'm certain that there are times in life (I know there have been in mine) where I do everything I know how to do, and in the end, all I can do is stand. I pray for the strength to stand.

I pray that for you today. What do you need God to do? Have you done everything? Why don't you try just standing for a moment. Let God be God, and you just stand and watch him win the battle for you.

Thanks, Meredith!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

And I love YOU!
I wrestled and wrestled over that post, so I'm glad it touched someone for good.
Much love to you.

Karis said...

I think your blog is in need of some reflection over the past year...you know your first year as a mother! Just kidding...I love you, your blog and your insight!

Anonymous said...

You dont know me but I am Jamey Shumard's mom. Of course I check their blog daily to see what the grands are up to,and I found a link to your blog. I can see that this is a ministry for you and God is using you in a mighty way. What you write is so real and personal. God bless you and your beautiful family.