Friday, March 13, 2009

It's All About Hygiene


I decided several weeks ago that I needed to make sure that the few teeth Abby now has stay healthy, so I bought her a teeny tiny toothbrush and some flouride-free toothpaste. I wasn't sure how the venture into teeth brushing would go, so Jason and I crossed our fingers.

Amazingly enough, it went very well. Apparently my daughter is more hygienic than I thought. She loved it! I don't know if it's the bubble gum flavored toothpaste of the way the bristles feel on her gums, but now all the says to us when we get near the bathroom door is, "teef, teef."

We haven't mastered spitting yet. Mostly she just sucks on the toothbrush and swallows. I guess that's why we buy flouride-free!

I thought you might enjoy some of the pictures of her first toothbrushing (to coin a nice southern term)!


Getting ready. She looks kind of fearful doesn't she?


Those front teeth are very important!


Make sure to get the molars!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!! But hold on...one day she may decide she doesn't like it anymore. Probably when the newness of it wears off and then the fun begins!! We have to hold EC down to brush hers!! I will pray that doesn't happen to you! Isaac loves to brush his, so maybe it is just a phase??