Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh my students, how I love them

So today was phrase day, my favorite day of the semester. I love it so because my students get to "teach" class. It's a tradition I've had since my first semester teaching here. I get a break, and my students get to be creative.

Today was an exceptionally creative day for them. One group played a game show; one group did a skit and one group drew on the board.

I'm going to share with you, internet world, the artistic skills of my infinitive phrase/appositive phrase group. I think you will enjoy it, even if grammar isn't your thing.


Here's the infinitive tree. The amazing part of this drawing was that my student wrote UPSIDE down and BACKWARDS. Her classmates candidly pointed out that it doesn't really look like a tree at all but more like a stick figure. Kudos for trying is what I say.


This picture is by the same talented girl. It is a pictogram of an appositive phrase. The sentence is suppose to say, "A teacher, tall and bright, something, something something." I told them if they had included my name, they would have gotten a better grade.

0 comments: