Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's 'nowing, it's 'nowing!




Hello! I'm sure most of you know by now that we had about 3" of snow here on Sunday afternoon/night. It was amazing! I've been waiting all season for a good snow. Jason of course was a major party pooper all day on Sunday. We assured me that we were going to get NOTHING and that I was getting my hopes up entirely too much.

Me, being the ever-hopeful person that I am, was convinced that we were going to have snow up to our eyeballs. Well, Jason and I met in the middle and enjoyed a lovely snow afternoon on Sunday and snow morning on Monday. Class was canceled for me, and Jason didn't have to go in until 10.

Since Abby adores snowmen (she discovered her love around Christmastime) we were certain that the snow would be a big hit. We bundled her up while it was falling and took her out to catch snowflakes on her tongue. She didn't mind and actually managed to taste a few.



Monday was a different story, however. The snow was NOT a hit. It must have scared her, being so wet and cold. I guess to a 20 month-old it looks dry and warm? When I encouraged her to put her hand out and touch the white stuff, she put her little fingers in it, it fell and she cried. It was classic.


We did get a snowman built, which was done by her wonderful cousins and uncle. She admired it until its head fell off and it was just a snow bottom. I'm certain this is the last of the snow pictures until next year!

1 comments:

Debra G. said...

Ashton wasn't a big fan of it either. He was okay until we put him down and then the tearless crying began!