Wednesday, March 10, 2010

UGH! With a capital U-G!


This is how I feel about Jake's apnea/heart monitor. When they sent us home with a monitor, I was relieved because it meant I didn't have to worry about Jake stopping breathing in the night. If he did this thing would scream, wake us up and we could deal with it.

As the months have worn on, I've become so frustrated and tired of this machine that I really wish I could throw it through the window.

For example, last night it went off no less than three times - not because Jake wasn't breathing, simply because his leads weren't attached well. At one point the machine was alarming and Jake was just staring at me with a look that said, "What's wrong with that thing. Make it shut up."

I've finally resorted to putting surgical tape over the leads to be sure that they don't move during the night.

I'm calling his doctors tomorrow to see how much longer we'll be tethered to the nuisance. I'm telling you; I'm seriously over it!

1 comments:

my year in the cuisinart! said...

Ours was so much easier. I am so sorry. Let me know what the doctor says. By the way he is getting so big, I love it!