Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Body is Rebelling!

Whatever do you mean, Alicia? You have a wonderfully fantastic body that anyone would kill for.

Stop laughing. I'm serious. I had to imagine for just a moment that I was in another world where everything was perfect.

Seriously though, I decided several weeks ago that I had had it. By it I mean I was done with still carrying baby weight from 2 years ago and that I needed a body overhaul.

When I was in college Weight Watchers worked miracles for me. I lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 40lbs and looked really, really thin. I managed not to gain too much weight until my sweet little angel came along and there went the 40lbs. I thought breastfeeding would take it off, but apparently even though Abby eats everything in sight, she couldn't eat the extra pounds off my hips and butt.

Back to where I started, I jumped back on the wagon, even exercising regularly. I've been doing about 30 minutes a night and my legs are KILLING ME!

Unfortunately, my body hasn't gotten the memo yet. I'm wondering if my cells think that I'm starving them so they're hanging onto every morsel I give them. If you know me well, you know that I'm definitely NOT starving myself, so please refrain from posting comments saying things like, "Really, Alicia, you can eat too little and make your body retain weight." Trust me when I say, "I'M EATING ENOUGH!"

This morning I got on the scale and was up a pound and a half. It..is..so..frustrating! Anyway, if you've got any tips (other than telling me to eat more), I'll be happy to listen.

PS - totally unrelated - if you have any tips on how to get rid of sugar ants, I'm all ears. We're up to our eyeballs in them. It's that time of year, I suppose!

2 comments:

Debra G. said...

Drink more water. Add in Green tea. Cut out pasta. I can't eat pasta when I'm not preggo. It just skips my stomach and goes straight to my hips. Add in more protein and veggies. And cut out all soda's. Even the diet ones.

I'll be there with you at the end of September! I'll have to lose the baby weight from Ashton plus the new little one!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I am right there with you!! I still have Isaac weight and he will be 5 in August!! Talk about needing to lose!! I am trying but like you my body is not doing anything!! Of course living in a house with 7 other people makes it hard to exercise, but maybe one day. Hang in there and keep trying!!

Oh and the Sugar Ants...they are trying to take over the world!! Try windex...it kills him, but doesn't really keep'em out. OTC bug killers work well. Good Luck!!