Thursday, April 2, 2009

Train Up A Child

Today was a typical Thursday. I got out of class at 12, drove to my mom's, ate lunch and brought Abby home for her nap. She hasn't been feeling well; she's got a really nasty cough that won't seem to go away, which makes naptime and bedtime especially interesting.

Abby knows the drill. She knows that when we get home, it's naptime, and today was no different. I changed her diaper and picked her up. As I was getting ready to lay her down, she looked at me with those big blue eyes, hands folded, and said, "Pray, Mommy." Now, we usually pray with her at bedtime, but we haven't prayed with her at naptime. I know she's only 21 months old, and I know that she doesn't have a relationship with Christ at this young age, but I'm convinced that she knew what she was saying, so I said a quick prayer with her and laid her down.

All of that to say, our children are following in our footsteps, like the picture below, they're going to walk in our shoes. What kind of legacy am I leaving. It's a huge responsibility, but one that pays great dividends in the future.

4 comments:

Debra G. said...

Amen to that! You are such a good mom!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

What a sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a sweet moment! That is awesome and you are obviously doing a great job!!