Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Frustrating!

This morning was a little frustrating to say the least. It wasn't this way because of the obvious reasons but because I'm a tightwad and wasting money irritates me.

I left my house on time (well, on time for me, pushing it for the rest of humanity), and when I was a ways down the road, Jason called to tell me that he didn't have car seats for the kiddos because we had taken them out this weekend to go the Clemson game. That was fine. I knew I'd have to cancel my 8 o'clock class, but that's not a big deal. I can catch them up in class; trust me, I've done it before.

I turned around, got the car seats from my sister-in-law's house, went home and cuddled my babies for a few minutes. This was a highlight because they were both still in bed when I left, so I didn't mind that at all!

Got back in my car and booked it down the road to school. I knew I'd have a few extra minutes. This time I really was early, so I stopped at Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee. That's the practical thing to do when you're early isn't it?

I noticed that the cashier was outside smoking and talking on the phone when I pulled in, but she somehow managed to get my order when I came through the drive-thru. When I got to the window, she was diligently preparing my drink (still on the phone mind you), and I, being the optimist that I am, assumed she had washed her hands before she started working on the latte. Never assume. Bad plan.

The other two boys who work there also came in from their smoke breaks. I know because I saw them flick the butts of their cigarettes into the trash, open the door, come in and start fixing coffee for the guy behind me. No handwashing for these boys either. YUCK!

The girl handed me my drink, took my money (all still on the phone) and I drove off. Now, I know it's rude for ME to be on the phone while I'm dealing with a cashier, but I've never had the cashier be on the phone, and I know it wasn't work-related because she kept saying the word custody, and last time I checked, DD wasn't in a custody battle with anyone.

When I got to school, I took a big swig of my coffee only to find it laced with the taste of cigarettes and smoke. UGH! There went $2.80 down the drain - literally, I put it down the drain.

I sent an email to DD corporate. I hate to waste money. Someone please tell me how to be gracious in this situation because I'm struggling!

1 comments:

Brandi Riddle said...

I think you showed grace by not saying anything at the window. I would have asked if she was going to wash her hands - of course then she probably would have spit in the coffee!