Friday, September 3, 2010

The Last Year

I admit it. I've been distracted, overwhelmed, pulled in a million directions. Jason and I had a lazy weekend last weekend, and it was nice because as we talked, we realized that for the next month and a half, we have something important to do EVERY WEEKEND. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. We started school; my PartyLite business is going well; I'm trying to be most diligent in clipping organizing, and using my coupons. Sometimes it's too much. I'm being chased by time, and I think it might catch me.

I'm not saying this to complain. This life is a wonderful one. The babies are healthy and growing. We're surrounded by friends who love us, and God is faithful as always.


I had a birthday in the middle of August, and I always like to sit down (usually closer to my birthday than this) and reflect on what God has done in the year. Isn't it sad that today is the first day I've had to do such reflecting.

Here are a few things:

I had a beautiful baby boy December 23. While 34 weeks is a little early to come, God took care of him and me and he's ALL BOY! I'll do a separate post about that. Who knew that boys really could be that different from girls this early in life!

My sweet baby turned 3 in July. Where has all the time gone? It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home, and now she's sassy and smart and just a joy (most of the time; let's not forget she is still THREE!).

I went on load reduction at school which means that I only have to teach 4 classes every semester, which may not seem like much, but it gives me more time here, at home, where I desperately long to be.

I taught the most difficult group of students I have ever taught, AND SURVIVED! (Let me add, Jason survived too. It was questionable there for a while.)

I celebrated 5 years of marriage to a handsome, caring man.

We added two new folks to the meal swap I mentioned in an earlier post, which now means that I only have to cook one night during the week and the other four I get great food from wonderful friends. It's a WIN!

All in all, it's been a wonderful year. Please forgive me if the posts aren't as frequent as they have been in the past. I'm a little busy, but I'll be here occasionally.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm sorry you had such a bad group of students! I loved reading how God has been working in your life! I love reading your blog! :0)

ashleyking said...

I still need to meet that baby...and see you, of course. I'll call you next time I'm in G'ville! :) Glad you're only doing 4 classes...even though I know that is still a lot of work.

Meredith said...

I loved reading this recap of God's work in your life.

I can't believe a load reduction is 4 classes! Full time for us is 3.