Monday, July 14, 2008

Something New

Hey Guys! I wanted to share with you something new I am trying. I don't know how it will turn out, but I think it is going to be a great thing.

Jason went to Wal-Mart on Saturday night to get some school supplies for me, notebooks, pens, folders, that kind of stuff. For those of you who are nerds like I am, I can't resist a new pen and notebook. There's just something about opening a brand new notebook and writing on the first page with a brand new pen. I know; I know. Some of you are sighing right now and shaking your heads at what a nerd I am. I embrace that and move on.

Anyway, this morning, the new notebooks were calling me, and I had an idea. I've always kept a prayer journal (well, more faithfully before Abby was born but you get the idea). I thought it might be interesting to start a prayer journal in just a simple 5 cent notebook. I wrote a verse on the front (James 5:16) and then wrote a prayer on the inside cover.

I wrote immediate prayer needs and long term prayer needs. I firmly believe that in keeping a journal, I can more easily see what God is doing when he answers a prayer. Beside each of the immediate prayer needs, I wrote a verse that spoke directly to that need (with the help of my handy-dandy concordance of course). Scripture is powerful and effective, and I'm anxious to see how God uses pairing scripture with the requests.

Satan is one slick fellow and he has been hitting me hard lately. God is faithful and "greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world". Aren't you glad we serve a God who answers prayers and is big enough to handle it.

1 comments:

ashleyking said...

I love keeping journals. I have a current one that is a combination prayer journal/my thoughts on random situations. I hate to call it a diary but that's what it boils down to, I suppose. A prayer diary. haha...i've probably mentioned you in there a couple times. ;) You need Jesus. I love you. I miss you. If I watch Amanda's kids on Thursday you should come see me!