Saturday, November 8, 2008

Disc Golfing


Jason has recently discovered the wonderful world of disc golfing.

Now, I realize that the majority of my readers will have NO CLUE what disc golfing is. I never knew that throwing a frisbee was an actual sport in which people kept score and had tournaments and such, but apparently it is a growing trend.

For about two months Jason and a group of guys from church have been going to a park in Easley to play. My husband is addicted.

This morning he went to Greenville to watch a tournament. Now, I have to give him his props because this is a sport that is free (except for the discs, bags, sunscreen, hats, shall I go on). According to Jason, there was a group competing in this tournament that was comprised of men over 70. That's right, over 70. I hope I can still walk after 70 much less throw a frisbee 250 yards into a basket.

I journeyed this afternoon with my sweet husband to the course in Easley, and we played about 8 holes. Ladies, let me just say, it was a lot of fun, but I don't think I will ever understand the concept of throwing a disc down a hill into the woods in order to clang it against some chains. Maybe it is just me.

We passed one man who ran up the hill like a deer on steroids. It was all I could do to haul it up the same hill. Jason was practically dragging me.

All of that to say, beware disc golfers of America, beware.

1 comments:

Debra G. said...

Can I come and watch you "haul it" up a hill?