Sunday, November 9, 2008

I never thought

I LOVE television. I always have. As a matter of fact, I still remember coming home from 4 year old kindergarten and watching The Price is Right hosted by Bob Barker. "Help control the pet populations. Have your pets spayed or neutered," he would always say. See, I'm a television freak.

As I got older, I would base my days around what came on television at what time. I knew when The Beverly Hillbillies came on, and I knew that on Thursday night at 8:00 we would gather around the tv to watch The Cosby Show.

Today my tastes have matured. Now I love to watch Top Chef and Project Runway. That Tom Colicchio, Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn just crack me up. What can I say, Bravo is my favorite channel of all times.

All that being said, Jason and I are trying to cut back. We've realized the importance of living on a budget, and we know that God blesses when we are faithful.

We've already cut out XM Radio, Netflix, our home telephone (we couldn't part with high speed internet), and now....SATELLITE.

This afternoon Jason made a nifty antenna for our television in the living room. I was ahhhmazed at the channels we got. I'm thinking as long as we get channel 40, 62, 4 and 7 I'll be okay.

So, dear readers, if you don't hear from me for a while, check in. I may have died from television deprivation.

1 comments:

Debra G. said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I speak from experience when I say that after the withdrawal passes, you'll be okay:)