Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat?



Halloween this year was such fun. Our little puppy dog brought home the bacon (or should I say candy) for her parents.

East Pickens typically has a "trunk or treat" fall festival, but for some reason this year there was none. Jason and I were at a loss, what do you do with your one year old when there is no church parking lot to go to to get candy? I had a moment of brilliance when I remembered that North Greenville lets children go through the girls' dorms and collect candy.

That's what we did, we hauled it up to North Greenville, pillow case in hand (I'm a little over-hopeful), and by the time we left, Abby knew to pick up Snickers not Mary Janes.

I have to say that college kids are so funny. They absolutely have no clue. The first girl we saw had a huge bucket of candy, and when Abby got to her, the girl grabbed out of her bucket a pack of banana runts, and said, "Here you go little boy, you can eat those."

Now, you tell me how many 16 month olds you know who eat runts, the hardest candy on earth. All we could do was shake our heads and laugh.

We visited Nannie before we left (no picture because her hair was up in curlers) and we saw Nana and Papa. Aunt Heidi went with us.

A fun time was had by all.

Now for pictures.


Puppy with Daddy


Trick or Treat!


Grab the Snickers Abby!

1 comments:

ashleyking said...

That's so fun! "He" was so cute! I'm glad y'all had a great time! Hope to see y'all soon!