Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Help!!

This is a post for all of you mommies out there.

Abby has TERRIBLE diaper rash. I'm certain it is a result of teething (and maybe too many raisins) but the fact is that when we say, "Abby, let's change your diaper" she goes into hysterics and flips and turns so much that it takes two of us to hold her down and get her changed.

So my question is if any of you out there have any suggestions about cures for diaper rash.

Please keep in mind that we're totally and utterly desperate.

3 comments:

Debra G. said...

Put Lotrimin on it and then cover it in Desitin. Sar used to get horrible rashes from antibiotics and that's what the doc would have me do. It worked like a charm.

Sorry you guys are dealing with this. I know how tough it is.

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Boudrou's Butt Paste. Sounds crude, but it worked for us. Also, the doc can prescribe some super stuff if she has open sores. Good luck!

If there are little round, red sores that seem to be spreading, along with red puffiness, it could be yeast! Even little baby girls can get yeast infections!

Anonymous said...

I was going to let you know about the yeast in babies too. Emma Claire kept yeast infections when she was teething...yeast likes dark and wet ya know! My doctor gave her Nystatin and told me to then cover it with Normal diaper rash creme. I too am a fan of Boudreaux's Butt Paste!! Lotrimin is the same as Nystatin I think, just a smaller dose. Good Luck!!