Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Five Pounds!



Yesterday our little man weighed a whopping 5lbs. It's hard to believe that he's gained over a pound in the three weeks he's been in the hospital.

I am very happy to report that somewhere around Saturday, Jake "got it" and he's been taking his bottles like a trooper since then. We had a slight setback on Sunday night, but I'm happy to report that things are moving smoothly now.

Jason and I have to take a CPR class at the Red Cross tomorrow night (and pass it) before Jake comes home.

Let me just give you a quick rundown of our last CPR experience at the Red Cross. Before Abby came home from the hospital, we took such a class, and it was a Saturday Night Live skit waiting to happen. The instructor couldn't work the DVD player, there were three folks in the back trying to cheat on the test, our instructor couldn't hear and barked the instructions at us. I don't know that I could have actually performed CPR if I had needed to after that, but is has made for some great stories.

I'm hoping that within the next few posts, I'll be able to report that Jake is either on his way home or that he is actually here.

I've put some pictures up of our little 5 pounder. You can kind of get a perspective of his size in the picture with my hand.


Thank you again, praying friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just adorable! My brothers were premmies (1.8 and 2.0lbs) and my Mom actually taught my sister and I (5 and 7yrs) how to do CPR. I think she was petrified that they would both need it at the same time. I am so glad he is doing well!

Meredith said...

Oh my word, that is wonderful! Praise God.