Saturday, January 2, 2010

Progress


I have to start this post by saying that God truly does answer prayers.

Yesterday we went to visit Jake and found out that he had moved from his isolette into an open crib. He had been maintaining his body temperature really well and the doctors decided he could come out into an open crib and didn't have to have help with temperature anymore. That was a great surprise.

Then last night, I called the NICU at 3:30 in the morning because I was up, and I knew that a friend of mine from kindergarten was Jake's nurse. I asked Amy how Jake was doing and she said his temperature was good and that he ate his ENTIRE BOTTLE at midnight. Praise the Lord! It's a very, very small step, but at least now we know that he can do it. We know that this doesn't mean that he will consistently eat his bottles now, but this journey is a one-step-at-a-time journey.

I know many of you want to know how you can pray for us specifically, so I'm going to list a few very specific prayer requests below. Thank you again for praying; we're seeing God's faithfulness every day.

Prayer requests:

1. That Jake will begin to eat all of his bottles consistently.
2. That Jason and I will have the energy we need to accomplish all that must be done during the day.
3. That Satan will not be able to discourage us as we wait for Jake to come home.
4. That the doctors will have wisdom in Jake's care.
5. That Abby will not feel neglected during this time.

Thank you, friends.

2 comments:

ashleyking said...

That is such an encouragement from Wednesday! Go Jake! He looks so great! I can't wait to meet him (and see y'all!) Praying for y'all!

Chelsea said...

Praying... praying so much. Your posts have really been bringing back memories for me. So please let us know if we can do anything else to simplify life right now and maximize you time. Meals? Laundry? House cleaning? Babysitting? We were so blessed during our NICU time, we would love to be a blessing to you guys too!