Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's that time again...

In the Looper house, we live for the semi-annual Weecycle sale. If you're from Pickens, you probably know about, consign at, work during the Weecycle sale, but if you're from somewhere else, you may know it as Switch-a-roos, Weewear or some other cutsie name.

Around here, this is how Abby and Jake are clothed! It's an awesome sale where anybody can consign her children's clothes, and I can buy them at GREAT prices! Now, I'm not the kind of mom who has to dress her kids in name-brand stuff, but when I shop like this, I can by name-brand for cheaper-than-Walmart prices. It's almost too good to resist. We're talking shirts for $1, dresses for $4, and everything else baby and killer prices.

This is the first year that I've volunteered (and Jason got snookered into volunteering too) and consigned. I swear, I probably spent more than I'll make, but I'm kind of hoping to just break even.

My mom and I bought all of this for roughly $180.00.



If you can't tell, that's 12 pairs of pants/shorts, 13 shirts, 5 short/shirt outfits, 10 dresses, 1 pair of shoes and 2 pajamas, and that's just for Abby! I did buy a few things for Jake, but they were already in the wash by the time I took this picture. You'll also notice a Boppy (which I intend to donate to our church for all us nursing mothers to use) and a hiking backpack.

This dress I bought for Abby to wear at Easter, but when I got it home and showed it to her, she said, "I not wear that." I'm hoping to convince her by the time Easter rolls around. She's a very picky dresser.


And as if the hiking backpack weren't enough for Dad, I bought these overalls for Abby and Jake. Jason promptly said, "Game day!" when he saw them.

If you're in the area and have young kids, the sale runs until this Sunday, February 21. You can check out the website here.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so awesome!! that is ALOT of stuff! :0)