Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Growing!


What does Mommy do when Nana offers to let Abby come spend the day at her house? She sleeps, watches Oprah and blogs.

Seriously though, something's up with Jake's schedule, and he simply refuses to sleep well at night. Last night we were up every hour and a half. I know he has some issues with gas, and Mylicon has become our new BFF, but seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Abby starting sleeping through the night around 6 weeks old, and I'm praying that her baby brother takes after her.

The biggest problem with his not sleeping is that Abby is sleeping great. Why's that a problem you might ask. Well, she wakes up refreshed and ready to play and I'm exhausted. You can pray about that!

Anyway, her's the skinny - or maybe I should say the fat - about Jake. We went to the doctor yesterday for a weight recheck. We went last Tuesday and he weighed 5lbs 14oz. Yesterday (his due date oddly enough) he weighed 6lbs 8oz. For those of you who are bad at math like I am, that's a full 10oz in 7 days. The doctor walked in and said, "I guess I'm just wasting your time and mine having you come back in to check his weight since he's growing so well." The doctors are only looking for him to gain a half ounce to an ounce a day, and as you can see, 10oz is more than that. We are thrilled with his progress. He'll go back to the doctor on the 23rd for his 2month checkup. Isn't that amazing! He's 6 weeks old already. Time flies!

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, how wonderful! I'm so glad Jake is growing well.

I share your pain with the sleep. Henry is not a good sleeper even now, at 6.5 months.