Friday, April 25, 2008

The End of the Semester

The end of the semester brings with it many emotions. I am anxious to be finished with grading and lecturing so that I can spend some time playing and reading. I have to admit, however, that I am very sad to watch my students go.

This semester has been somewhat of an anomaly. I usually begin to miss my students well before they actually leave for the summer, but this semester, I find myself with an infectious case of summer fever. I want to sleep past 5:15 in the morning, and I want to read something besides student essays. You may say, "well, read something other than students essays for goodness sake," but that is easier said than done!

As I sit here in my English 2300 class, and watch my students taking their exam, I know that they are at a pivotal point in their lives. They are going to decide who they will marry, where they will live, what they will be. It is exciting, and I am praying for them.

I know God has exceptional plans for each one, and I hope that they know that I care for them and hope the best for them in everything they do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I am super excited about tomorrow afternoon because Jason and I have a babysitter, and we are going to a movie and out to eat -- at Chili's! It is so rare that we actually get to do those things now with Abby that I can't wait!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was something else I was going to post here, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was, so I guess I'll have to post it later. :-) Thank you, Mommy Brain!

3 comments:

ashleyking said...

I'm excited that y'all get to go out! You deserve some mommy and daddy time! (especially after these past two weeks) See you soon! Love you!

Debra G. said...

Umm, Chili's! Hope you guys had fun!

Karis said...

Your students are fortunate to have you, Alicia! Three weeks from today, I wil be home : ).