Thursday, May 15, 2008

A stolen post

I stole this idea from my friend Meredith. She has a wonderful blog you can view here. She often posts 13 of her favorite things, and since we both went to Clemson where we learned about creative stealing, I figure it is fitting to take her idea. Meredith, you let me know if this isn't okay. :-)

13 Things I am thankful for:

1. My husband and daughter. I know that technically that could be two things, but I love them equally and couldn't imagine trying to rank them. For so many years I was certain I would have neither, so to have both of them in my life is a blessing. Okay, I'm going to cry if I don't stop.

2. Dishwashers. We didn't have a dishwasher in our first home, and I abhor (yes, abhor) handwashing dishes. As a matter of fact, if the dishwasher doesn't get it clean, Jason now has to wash it.

3. Family who will watch Abby. We have awesome family who are willing to watch Abby when we need a break.

4. Lunch with other moms. I had an incredible lunch today of lime pork chops. Debra you so need to post that recipe on your blog!

5. Full nights of sleep. Newborn babies. Enough said.

6. Rain. We need it so desperately, and it is wonderful to see it today.

7. Students. They keep me on my toes, and I am always learning something new from them.

8. Comments on my blog. Okay, this one is kind of fishing, but I really do like to know that people actually look at this things and enjoy it. It is a pride thing I'm sure.

9. Naptimes. Mine and Abby's! I love Abby's most because that is when I get to sit down and spend time with the Father.

10. Thought-provoking discussion and books. We are in the midst of one of the most wonderful Bible studies in my SS class. Fascinating.

11. Television. I like to watch TV. What can I say.

12. Facebook. I am so glad that I can keep up with people who otherwise I would lose contact with.

13. Porches.

3 comments:

ashleyking said...

#1 made me cry. I'm thankful for you. Remember what I told you...it would be touch-and-go with my chances of survival if you were not here.

:) love you.

Debra G. said...

Don't worry, I'll be posting the recipe! We love those pork chops also.

Meredith said...

Thanks for the shout-out, my friend! I sure miss you.