Thursday, May 29, 2008

All is Quiet (Except the Dishwasher)

All is quiet in the Looper house this evening. Jason's sister picked up Abby about 5:30 to take her to a ballgame because I had the ladies coming over for Bible study. Jason had praise band practice, and the ladies have headed their separate ways, and I find myself here, in front of the computer surrounded by silence. Well, it isn't completely silent because I just started the dishwasher, but its hum somehow calms me. It means I'm not at the sink washing dishes, which is a wonderful thought.

This is a very stream of consciousness rambling, but those of you who are my true friends will understand and forgive me.

Today I accomplished little and much all at the same time. How, you may ask. I made dinner, straightened around the house, enjoyed a wonderful lunch with Debra, and now I am able to write a blog to you folks out in bloggerville.

I only have 2 weeks of summer school left. I am so glad! I'm not glad because my students have been any trouble but because I am ready to be home and be enjoying the beautiful weather and my beautiful daughter. We sat on the porch for a few minutes this afternoon, and she loved it; she always does.

Well, I think I'm going to go turn on the television and veg out until Jason returns with my child. And maybe I'll listen to the dishwasher.

1 comments:

ashleyking said...

yay for quiet, alone time. and dishwashers. miss you.