Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We Survived

I know that this is a strange title to put on a Mother's Day post, but with both of our families coming to our house to eat, it is a miracle that we survived Mother's Day!

It was a wonderful day certainly. Jason and Abby gave me cards first thing in the morning. I cried. For those of you who know me, I usually don't cry over sentimental things. If I cry, it is typically because I am mad or hurt, not because I am touched. I guess it was something about the day and realizing how blessed I actually am that brought tears to my eyes. They also gave me some wonderful porch furniture. I have been wanting rocking chairs for our porch for some time. Now Abby and I can go outside an sit, which we actually did yesterday. Don't judge me by the cups on my front porch!



Abby was also dedicated on Sunday. It was a lovely ceremony. She got a little Bible and a certificate. She didn't cry or fuss at all; she simply swung her feet back and forth while Jeff gave the challenge. My grandmother came to the service, which was a wonderful gift. My nannie is 78 years old. I am so blessed to still have her here, and I hope that Abby is able to enjoy her as much as I did and still do.



Perhaps the funniest part of the dedication was that Abby was the smallest yet oldest (baby) on the stage. She was also the only girl.

3 comments:

ashleyking said...

awww...yay for new porch furniture and crying at sentimental things! good day! that picture with the generations was good, too! those are always cool to have!

Anonymous said...

That was precious! I am so happy for you and glad that you had a good first mother's day. Your family is adorable!!!

Karis said...

Aleda-
I don't know who deserves good things more than you. I am so happy that you have all the blessings that you do. Love you!