Thursday, May 22, 2008

Too long -- Edited

Hey guys! I'm sorry it has been so long since I posted. I guess that life has been too busy around here.

I was trying to think of something to post here, but I really don't have that much to say today.

Life in the Looper household has been strangely calm. I probably shouldn't even mention that because that means that now we are going to be incredibly busy and distracted and things are going to happen that we didn't expect. Can I take back the first sentence of this paragraph?

I guess one of the things that I am learning is just to sit back and watch what God is doing. Now that I look back at Abby's birth (amazingly, it's been almost a year), I have to say that I had a touch of postpartum depression. I didn't know it was that at the time because I've been depressed before, and this was nothing like that. I was just kind of apathetic to everything and everyone, not really sad.

God has been working with me, and finally my hormones seem to be close to normal again (as normal as they can get. I reference my friend Debra's comments on PMS here).

Because of my apathy, I have neglected my relationship with God most of all. I have been learning that there are moments in our lives where God is quiet to teach us the value and the importance of his voice. Those times are difficult because I have grown accustom to hearing God speak.

Most recently, God has given me the opportunity to lead a Bible study with some wonderful ladies I used to work with in Greenville. This was completely out of the blue. I have been longing for the opportunity to be around people who need to know more about Jesus. I guess it is the teacher in me that longs to teach, and God placed it right in my lap. We are going to do Beth Moore's Bible study Breaking Free. I have done this before, but I am excited to do it again. Please pray for us as we begin.

I'll be sure to keep you posted on how we progress.

1 comments:

ashleyking said...

"I have been learning that there are moments in our lives where God is quiet to teach us the value and the importance of his voice."

wow. thank you for sharing that. really.

i just love you.