Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Christmas Shopping in July!

Last year I was a little obsessive about getting my Christmas shopping and wrapping done early because I was certain (and right I might add) that Jake would be born right at Christmastime. This year I don't have a good excuse for my obsession except that we're watching our pennies and dollars and I'm trying to make every dollar stretch as far as it will.

That being said, I use one website in particular to help alert me to great internet buys. I probably shouldn't even tell you my source because you'll probably start using it too and all the great clearance items will be snatched away even faster, but I'm too generous not to share, so here it is - Hip2Save.

The author, Colin, is my age, the mother of 3 young children, and she shares awesome deals with her readers.

I'll tell you, I've already bought Christmas presents/birthday presents (depending on when I need to use them) for Abby and Jake, my nephews, my sister-in-law and my sister. I can't tell you what I got my sister-in-law or my sister because they occasionally look at this site, and I'd hate to ruin the surprise, but for my nephews I got a sweet deal on t-shirts at American Eagle (each shirt was $5 and there was free shipping) and for the Abster and Jakester, I got a few things at Disney.com and some cute, cute leggings for Abby in the fall.

All in all, I've spent about $50 for these presents. Not to bad if you think about it, AND there's some shopping over with and I didn't even have to drag my two monster...I mean angels...out with me to do it!

Yay for Christmas in July. You won't hear that much, so you better enjoy it now!

1 comments:

Erin said...

I have been doing the same thing! Google the yahoo group "never pay retail again" -- I get a lot of great info through them! Kids' Woot is also a super clearance site for kids toys. :)