Thursday, July 8, 2010

One Up; One Down

Most of you have realized by now that I'm becoming fairly obsessed with finding good deals, and one of the best things I've discovered (come on, humor me here) is that companies will send you samples of their products FOR FREE! It's been fun to go out to the mailbox and find little packages with samples of things in them. It's also nice to try out products before you sink a fortune into them.

That being said, I tried two new things today, and one of them was fantastic, the other left something lacking.


The first was Garnier Nutriste Triple Protection shampoo and conditioner. The conditioner was thin and the shampoo too heavy. When I dried my hair it left them a strange texture. Now that my hair's been dry a while, the texture is back to normal, but initially it was coarse and hard to brush. **And just as a side note, opening those pesky packages while your fingers are wet is super duper frustrating. I think I may need to ask forgiveness for my anger.**

Now, the second Biore's Skin Preservation Dual Fusion mosturizer with SPF 30. I normally HATE any kind of lotion that has SPF because it smells and is thick and ultimately burns my fair skin, but THIS was FANTASTIC! It was light and smelled nice and I almost can't tell that it's on. It also did the job of mostrurizing my skin. The package wasn't the easiest to open, but at least my hands were dry.

So to sum it up, Biore = two thumbs up and Garnier = one thumb up and one thumb down.

What products have you tried that you love or hate?

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

Sample in the mail: Neutrogena Dry Touch liquid sunscreen SPF 70. That's a little higher than I would normally go, but we spent the last couple of days at the beach and I LOVED this sunscreen. I also have very fair sensitive skin and sunscreen is often known to either cause an itchy rash or what feels like a chemical burn when I start sweating. And this one did neither of those! Plus because it was liquid it rubbed in really well and didn't leave me extra white, and I didn't burn at all!