Monday, May 11, 2009

I've Got Sunshine, Mommy


First let me show you the final product of our Mother's Day gifts. I know they weren't much, but they turned out pretty well.


Here's Abby giving Grandma and Aunt Debbie their gifts. So sweet. She would look at them and say, "Happy Mudder's Day".


Here are the beautiful flowers I got from my mother-in-law. I hope I can keep them alive.

Next, let me tell you what the princess said to me today.

I've been working like a mad woman this morning trying to get our office organized. It's not completely there, but it's close. The unorganized office space drives Jason crazy, so I thought it was time to tackle it.

Well, I've been working in here and trying to keep half an eye on Abby. She's been sitting on the couch and playing with her toys, being a really good girl, actually.

Somewhere around 9:30 she wanted me to sit down with her. I did and she looked at me and said, "Want sunshine, Mommy; want sunshine". I thought she wanted the beautiful picture of a sunshine that I drew her early this morning, but I was wrong. I told her to go get the sunshine, thinking she would come back with the picture. To my surprise she came back with this:



It's a Hallmark button that sings, "I've got sunshine" when you push it. As Abby carried it to me, she held it up and said, "I've got sunshine, Mommy; I've got sunshine."

Such sweet memories!

0 comments: