Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Something for the Coffee Lovers

So I've posted before that I'm really trying to watch my weight (watch it go down instead of up in case you were confused), and I found a WONDERFUL television show that helps with just that. It's called Cook Yourself Thin. I know it seems like a stretch, but they have some wonderful recipes that are for things that I actually eat.

Most of my "skinny" cookbooks make things that I would never-in-a-million-years eat, so it is refreshing to find something that is healthy and desirable all at the same time!

Here's a recipe for iced cappuccino that I find absolutely delightful. I've modified it slightly, and it's only 200 or so calories.

1c cold coffee (I make mine really strong and put it in the freezer to cool off)
1c milk (they suggest skim; I suggest something with a little more fat content - it doesn't increase the calories all that much, especially if you leave off the whipped cream they suggest)
1tbs plain fat-free yogurt
several tbs of chocolate ice cream syrup
1c ice

Place it all in the blender and blend away. I then put mine in the freezer to make it more icy.

It is super delicious.

Oh and I have to share with you that while I was exercising this morning, I was doing pushups (a far stretch, I know) and Abby came over and got on her hands and knees and said to me, "I do it, Mommy; I do it". So sweet. Kind of like when I got on the scale Sunday morning and she looked at me, clapped her hands and said, "Yay, Mommy, good job." That's encouragement for sure!

1 comments:

ashleyking said...

That last paragraph just made my day. She is so sweet! I have no idea where she gets it.... :)

Love you