Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day on a B-U-D-G-E-T

I was in a sort of panic yesterday when I realized that Mother's Day is tomorrow and we had no gifts and no money for gifts. As Providence would have it, Hobby Lobby is right beside the Hallmark store, and yesterday as Abby and I fared the terrible thunderstorms, I was struck with an idea - handprints. They're free and Abby has two of them.

So we trotted over to Hobby Lobby (everyone else apparently had the similar idea of handmade crafts for the holiday) and bought some Air-Dry Crayola Clay and string.

We made a tester yesterday, just to make sure that it would actually work, and this afternoon we finished the job with a few footprints thrown in.

I'm extremely relieved to know that all of Crayola's products are non-toxic. I found that out as I quickly read the container after Abby ate a piece of clay.

I'm hoping the project goes over well. I had great plans of using buttons and shaping each creation into a heart, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do. I've put the progression below.

Seriously though, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms and moms-to-be!


The medium


The inspiration


More inspiration


The semi-finished products

0 comments: