Monday, May 4, 2009

When Mom's Away (Giving Exams)


Abby and Daddy go meet Darth Vader!

Saturday I had to trek to NGU to give two exams. Personally, I think that Saturday exams should be illegal in all 50 states, but it's really not up to me, and in order to collect my paycheck, I have to submit to the authority over me.

Anyway, one of Jason's new friends at the bank (i.e. clients) told him about "free comic book day" and mentioned that some of the Star Wars characters would be out posing for pictures. Jason, being the Star Wars junkie that he is (and that he is trying to make our daughter into) had to go.

While I was sitting in a classroom, Abby was meeting "Vader" as she calls him.

Here's the amazing part of the whole story. Abby was TERRIFIED of the Easter Bunny. I'm talking screaming, grabbing-to-the-shirt, I'm-not-going terrified. You'll notice that I've not posted any pictures of that outing. There's a simple reason: we don't have any. Even now when we ask Abby if she wants the Easter Bunny to come to our house, she drops her head and says meekly, "no".

Jason tells me, however that Darth Vader was another story. He stood about 4 feet from Vader and Abby eyed him. Finally she looked over his direction and said, "Hey Vader" with a timid wave. She loves him.

My fear is that she's going to be drawn to the dark and handsome type. What does our future hold?

If you look in the picture, she particularly interested in his light saber. I'm not sure what that means either.

Only time will tell!

5 comments:

ashleyking said...

This is hilarious! Jason WOULD take Abby to meet him while you were giving exams. The light saber part was funny, too! I just hope Abby doesn't get into those weird games people play in the Stud here at NGU. They are a little creepy...

Erin said...

Too funny!!!

Debra G. said...

That's funny!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Two years ago Spiderman was there and while I lay in the bed waiting for my 24 hours detox from the mag to end so I could go see my new daughter...Jamey LEFT to take Isaac to free comic book day to see Spiderman!! At least you were not laying a hospital bed all ALONE!!! I do love that she was afraid of the Easter bunny but not Vader, that is classic!!

Karis said...

I love it!