Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's Not Fair!



I had a moment this week where I really wanted to raise my fist to heaven and scream, "That's not fair, God; that's just not fair!" I'm so glad that God understands our frustration and doesn't condemn us for it, but just like a good Father, he extends his hands and says quietly, "I know you think it's not fair, but trust me on this one."

We have some friends at church who have been trying to get pregnant for about 3 years. I understand the frustration and the disappointment (kind of) as Jason and I have been trying to get pregnant for 8 months with no luck.

Last month we got the joyful news - a baby for this precious family, due in December, the same time as their other little girl's birthday. We were so excited. They were excited. Celebration was everywhere.

This Wednesday they lost the baby. There aren't even words. When I read the message, I dropped my head to my hands and cried. Not fair! So not fair!

What do you say? What do you do? I pray for them. God knows what he's doing - Romans 8:28 - molding them into his likeness, but it hurts so very much.

I think the song by Natalie Grant is most appropriate here:

Our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism
Let the Earth quake
Let the Earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged


Please say a prayer for this family if you think about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this. I will pray.

Erin said...

I am praying for your friends....that is always so sad and awful to go through. We have been TTC (kind of) for the last 6 months without any luck so far, so I understand your frustration. We miscarried at 4 weeks back in February, so I know how they feel. :(