Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Back to School Blues?

And we're off!

Classes start tomorrow morning, and as I sit here in my office waiting for the the last of the two longest days of the year to end, I'm surrounded by paper and pens and half-drunk cups of coffee.

I think I'm ready.

I meant to go by my classrooms this afternoon and get a feel for the places I'll spend so much time in the next few weeks, but I didn't make it that far. You would think that with 9 hours on campus, I could find 20 minutes to scope out my classrooms, but you'd be wrong!

Every time I thought that I was finished copying, I'd remember something else. Let's hope that I don't remember something that must be copied at 2:45 this morning. At that point, it's too late because it has been scientifically proven that on the first day of class, no copiers work on campus, not one. Well, if you do happen to find a copier that works, it will jam and you will be left with burns on your hands and ink on your clothes.

My students will just have to wait if I've forgotten anything.

All that to say, Fall Semester, here we come!

1 comments:

Debra G. said...

I can't imagine how you feel. I'm only teaching one and it seems like so much. But to have that many college kids and all... I'll stop that thought now in order sleep peacecfully tonight.

Let me know if I can cook dinner for you guys this week. All you have to do is show up.