Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Too Tired


What I wish my home could look like (not necessarily the decorating but the neatness).

One of the things that I hate about coming home from vacation is how overwhelmed it often makes me feel. Poor Jason has had to endure the brunt of most of my exhaustion. We got home Sunday afternoon after an absolutely wonderful time, and although most of the clothes were already washed, I still found myself with piles of laundry in the hallway floor.

To top it off, I'm not watching Charles Stanley anymore because he makes brings too much conviction. I'm just kidding sort of. There I was, sitting in my hotel room Sunday morning, minding my own business when Charles Stanley started talking about bringing up children. He said that one of the things we must teach our children is to live an orderly life. Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Then he started meddling. He said that our houses need to be orderly and that his mother always kept things in their places.

Now, my home isn't a disaster area by any stretch of the imagination, but I am NOT a great housekeeper when it comes to keeping things Southern Home perfect. There is the occasional toy/toys strewn across the floor and most days you can't even find the coffee table. Things are clean, but orderly? I've got to get God to help me with that.

Anyway, please say a prayer for Jason if you think about it (and maybe my short temper). I'm working doing courier work again this week to make some extra money. It seems that the transmission on Jason's car is gone.

God, please help us find the money we need that isn't there.

I know many of you can relate.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh my. Money that isn't there. I'm pretty sure the majority of the country is feeling that right now.

I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Not to step on Charles Stanley's toes or anything, and I haven't seen your house, but I believe you have to look at "orderly" in a different light than, say, those of us without kids. You do the best you can with the energy God provides, and God will reward that.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you guys!!! I think we could all use a money tree out back these days so we totally understand.

About the house thing, my opinion is that as long as we teach them to be CLEAN, orderly doesn't really matter, I mean they are two different things!! Plus, I would rather my kids remember a home that was fun and lived in rather than one that could be the cover of Southern Living!!! Just a thought, time and Life are too short to worry about everything in its place!!!

Debra G. said...

I know how you feel Alicia. I can't seem to get motivated. I'd love the clutter to be gone, but I feel helpless to get rid of it at times. It's crazy!

Don't get discouraged though. One day, we'll be in nursing homes and someone else will be responsible for the decluttering.

As far as the cash, I feel your pain. But at least we can be cash strapped together :)