Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Miracle Jewelry

I know this is a strange title for a post, but I have to share with you this small miracle.

Meredith just wrote about allergies and acquiring new ones, and although this wasn't an allergy, I can relate to not being able to wear rings and swelling wrists.

Most of you know that while I was pregnant with Abby I had a terrible time with my blood pressure. Well, high blood pressure often leads to swelling in the feet, hands and wrists and anywhere else that Satan can think to have a person swell.

I remember vividly that my fingers and wrists became the size of golf and basketballs, respectively, and I had to stop wearing my rings. With my wedding rings, I simply put them on a chain and wore them around my neck, but a girl needs some bling occasionally, especially when she feels like a beached whale.

On occasion, I would put on the beautiful tanzanite ring my husband gave me on our wedding day and wear it out, and I was insistent that I wear my watch (the one I've had since high school). I mean, you can't teach class without a watch.

Unfortunately, my fingers and wrist didn't appreciate my effort to make the beautiful, and one day, after I barely got them off, I put them in a pocketbook.

Well, those of you who have had children know that your brain turns to mush somewhere around your second day of pregnancy, and after Abby was born, I couldn't remember where the ring and watch were.

Jason and I have been searching for over a year now for them but to no avail. I promise you, I have been through EVERY pocketbook in my closet and never found them.

Last night, I went into the bedroom and Jason asked me to close my eyes. He grabbed my hand, and I had a feeling about what he was doing. "Don't play with me," I said. But he wasn't playing.

It seems he had prayed and asked God to help him find the ring and watch because this week is a particularly hard week for me, and you know what? God came through. Jason found the ring in a Vera Bradley pocketbook. Not only did he find the ring, he found the watch also!

I'm amazed at God's faithfulness in even the little things like finding rings and watches.

What's your miracle story?

1 comments:

Meredith said...

I love it, I love it!
I'll have to get back to you on the miracle story. I know there have been lots, but the only one coming to mind right now is really long.