Saturday, August 2, 2008

Our 2008 Vacation


Our vacation is almost over, but it has been a fantastic adventure. Right now we're struggling to get a 1 year old asleep in a hotel room. She's not responding well.

Overall, our week has been fantastic. As I said earlier in the week, Abby LOVED the water. Fortunately, she has her father's skin, and she doesn't burn like I do. Most days, Abby and I went to the beach for an hour or so and then we went back to the house for a nap. We both napped. Actually, I got a book read that I've had all summer. More about that book later.



I have to take a minute and brag on my little sister because she passed her oral exams for her PhD program on Wednesday. Yay, Heidi, and she and my parents came down on Thursday. That is why we are now in a hotel room on Saturday. We're staying with them until tomorrow.

I got some shopping in at the outlet malls and we ate some wonderful seafood, my favorite part of any beach trip.

They only unexpected part of our trip was my visit from EMS. On Tuesday night, I woke up about 1:00 a.m. with terrible pain in my chest. Luckily, my brother-in-law is an EMT, and he checked me out. He determined that the best course of action would be to call an ambulance because pain in the chest is nothing to monkey around with. After the ladies in the ambulance arrived, the pain subsided. Since I've been battling an ulcer for several weeks, we figured out that it was probably acid reflux. I didn't go to the hospital (that would have meant less money at the outlet malls), but I have been taking Prilosec and now I'll go to a gastrointerologist when we get back home.

Back to our trip. I've posted some pictures for your viewing enjoyment.


Abby with her cousin Kenley. They are making tiger faces.


Abby riding the merry-go-round at Broadway at the Beach.


Such a big girl.


With Grandpa, Mama and Aunt Heidi on the beach.


With Aunt Debbie and Uncle Kenny.

1 comments:

Debra G. said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time. Drive safe coming back. We'll get together next week.