Thursday, September 4, 2008

Can I Marry Sarah Palin?


I'm just kidding, kind of!

Last night I was checking my e-mail and looking at Facebook, typical things, really, and I remembered that Sarah Palin was giving her acceptance speech at the GOP Convention at 10:00. Well, 10:00 might as well have been 2:00 a.m. for me since I had been up since 5:30 yesterday morning and since I taught 4 classes yesterday.

I did, however, manage to keep my eyes open long enough to hear her entire acceptance speech, and I must say, "I think I'm in love!" What a wonderful pick for VP. She was eloquent, firm, funny, and educated. She didn't slam Obama, but she did have some pretty good jabs.

I have confidence that she is committed because she has been married to her husband for 20+ years and their five children are beautiful. She loves her country and she loves her family. Her dedication is obvious and her frugality appealing.

It is true that behind every good man is a better woman, and Sarah Palin is the better woman. If any of you are like me, you were wavering in your decision to vote for McCain in November. It's not that I want Obama to be President; it is more that I wasn't sure I wanted McCain to be President. It was a tough call. After the Palin pick, however, my confidence level is high, and I'm ready to cast my ballot.

If you didn't fair as well as I and fell asleep last night before she spoke, please take a moment to find her acceptance speech and watch it.

After all, the difference between a pit bull and a soccer mom is simply lipstick.

1 comments:

Debra G. said...

She's a hockey mom (not soccer).

I totally agree with you. I loved her speech. And the fact that she hunts, fishes and wears classy suits does it for me. On top of that, five kids!!! She's got my vote as well