Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Too Much To Write

I've been absent on the blogging front for a while. This weekend was much too hectic for my liking. You'll remember I wrote about our dear friend Shorty who had cancer. Shorty died on Thursday around midnight. He's now pain-free and home. We had his funeral on Sunday.

Yesterday should have been a breeze, but Jason was home, so I was distracted and never made it in here.

I have a few things on my mind that I'd like to share. I'll do it in list form so that maybe I won't ramble too much.

1. I got a fantastic report from the endocrinologist on Friday. YAY!!!! It seems my levels are right where they should be. You could have peeled me off the floor or the ceiling after she told me. Totally unexpected.

2. Yay for Barack Obama. You won't here that from this Republican much, but I'm so glad that he told the media to back off Sarah Palin (p.s. YAY for Sarah Palin - NRA, pro-life, good-looking - what a pick, McCain). I understand that her daughter is pregnant, but she's doing the right thing by not aborting the baby, AND how quickly we forget Bill Clinton's escapades. That's all I'll say about that.

3. I waited for an hour and a half this morning to hear Michael Phelps' big "announcement" on the Today Show, which amounted to no more than "I'm getting a million dollars for my gold medals, and I'm starting a foundation. I'm not sure what kind of foundation, but it will have to do with swimming." I love Phelps, please don't misunderstand, but all that hype for that? I could have been watching Curious George with Abby for goodness sake.

I think that's all I've got. We did go to the zoo yesterday, and Abby was enthralled. I'll put some pictures up soon.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

0 comments: