Friday, September 12, 2008

Taking My Chances

This weekend is the big Weecycled Wear event in Pickens. Every mom, grandma, aunt, or for that matter potential mom descends on the old Winn-Dixie building to buy used baby/toddler clothes and accessories.

It is a brilliant idea, one big yard sale inside where people can bring their baby clothes and get used ones at great prices.

I've gone the past few times they done it, and I have gotten some wonderful steals! As a matter of fact, Abby's exersaucer came from there. It is my favorite toy by far! Thanks, Amanda!

Well, my mom called me asking if I wanted to go this afternoon and get some things. You see, Jason and I are at the point where a second child would be a welcome addition, and Weecycled also has some fantastic maternity clothes.

The only problem is...

Every mom, grandma, aunt, and woman in Pickens County comes to this event. That means that I will inevitably run into someone I know, work with, am related to, you get the idea. That would be fine except when you're perusing the maternity items, people tend to jump to conclusions.

Jason and I got engaged on a mission trip in Colorado and before our bus got back onto Southern soil, everyone in Pickens knew our news.
That brings me back to my original point, if I were spotted shopping for maternity clothes (even if it weren't an immediate need) rumors would fly.

My mom told me not to worry about it, that if any rumors did get started, we would just tell them otherwise. I'm not so sure.

I did, however, take my chances and shop.

If you hear I'm pregnant and it hasn't been confirmed here, then you know it's just a rumor!

3 comments:

Debra G. said...

So, when's the little Looper arriving?

We went there tonight. I didn't see the maternity clothes, but go back and do the same as you guys. It's always good to be prepared. Plus, I'm all for cheap but cute maternity clothes!

Meredith said...

We went there when Stephanie was pregnant with Perrin. I thought we were NEVER gonna get there! Got some good stuff, though, like the crib that my mom put in her house.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to go to that...NO...I'm not prego YET...but we ARE trying...so, I've been "collecting" unisex baby clothes! (oh, and to comment on the get a room comment...LOL!...that was our room! lol!) Oh, and abby is SO cute! Last time I saw her, she was a little bitty baby...