Friday, September 19, 2008

A Sad Ending

Many of you will remember that I began leading a women's Bible study near the beginning/end of June. It has been a wonderful journey and it ended last night. We walked through Beth Moore's Breaking Free, an absolutely fantastic study for those of you who have never been through it.

Every Thursday night (or almost every Thursday night) Jane, Cheriee, Perineau, and Nadine would come to my house between 5:30 and 6, ooh and goo over Abby, and then we would talk about Christ and about freedom. It was such a sweet, sweet time. Cheriee was full of questions, Perineau full of encouragement, Nadine full of wisdom, and my Aunt Jane full of smiles and nods and insightful comments.

I couldn't have asked for a lovelier group of women to lead.

Today on my way home from school I was praying for another group to lead. I thrive on it, and now that this study is over, I'm left at a loss. I have my Sunday school class, but I so enjoy leading women.

God has been faithful in our travels together through Breaking Free. Cheriee found out she DOESN'T have cancer (Hallelujah), Nadine has suffered some losses, and I gained two new, precious friends.

If you get the opportunity, go through a study with some other folks, reach out; we so desperately need one another.

0 comments: